Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A new Chapter

I can't believe it has been 8 months since my last post! Life has been incredibly busy and so I put blogging on hold, waiting for me to to come and resurect it one day.
So..... What have I been up to? In the past year I have changed career paths, yes I still am a chef. Working as a personal chef definately had it's highs and lows but after much soul searching and quite a few job interviews for Executive Chef positions, I came to the conclusion that I needed to follow the path of Alice Waters and The Chez Panisse Foundation. It's not glamorous and I most likely will never be recognized for the work that I do, but it I am making a difference in a child's life and the way that they view food and nutrition.

In the next month I will be revising SJGourmet to reflect a more modern, simpler website with a mixture of fresh recipes and food photography. Thanks for your patience and I hope to see some new faces as well as familiar old ones.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We can't wait for you to come back!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, good luck with everything and looking forward to your updates!

sippitysup said...

YAY! Welcome home... GREG

Chef E said...

You have been MIA, and congrats on the photography gig!

I can verify being a personal chef and even an executive chef is a hard job to break into as a woman. I struggled for years to find my place and then started my own business using those organic and fresh ideas for my work. Good luck to you and being a mother is just as challenging, or even more so...but rewarding non the less

E